The Health Star Rating campaign is managed by the Department of Health (Department).
Health Star Ratings are a quick and easy way to compare the nutritional profile of packaged foods. The more stars, the healthier the choice.
The Health Star Rating system was developed by the Australian and State and Territory governments in collaboration with industry, public health and consumer groups.
The Health Star Rating system will be implemented voluntarily over the next five years.
The Health Star Rating campaign supports the implementation of the Health Star Rating system through activities designed to inform consumers and encourage industry participation.
For more information about the Health Star Rating campaign please return to the Health Star Rating homepage.
Acceptable Use Policy
We welcome Twitter comments on this page and suggest that you apply common sense when making them. At the same time you should show courtesy and respect to others and must not use the wall to abuse others, expose others to offensive or inappropriate content, or for unlawful purposes.
Please be aware that this policy may be changed at any time by the Department.
When using the Twitter page, please ensure that you:
- do protect your personal privacy and that of others by not including personal information of either yourself or of others in your tweets on the page or retweets (for example, names, email addresses, private addresses or phone numbers);
- do represent your own views and not impersonate or falsely represent any other person or falsely state or misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- do not be abusive, harass, stalk or threaten others;
- do not post or upload content that is discriminatory;
- do not make misleading, deceptive, false, factually inaccurate, defamatory or libelous comments;
- do not use insulting, provocative or hateful language;
- do not use obscene or offensive language;
- do not post material to the twitter page or retweet material that infringes the intellectual property rights of others;
- do not post or retweet multiple versions of the same view to the twitter page or make excessive postings on a particular issue;
- do not promote commercial interests in your tweets to the page or in your retweets;
- do not advertise or offer to sell any goods or services for any commercial purpose;
- do not post overtly party political comments;
- do not include internet addresses or links to websites, or any email addresses in your posts to the twitter page or retweets;
- do not make unproven or unsupported accusations against individuals or organisations;
- do not post content that may or would constitute a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability, or that otherwise violates any local, provincial, national or international law or regulation anywhere in the world (or encourage others to do so)
- do not incite hatred on the basis of any personal characteristic, including on the basis of race, gender, marital or domestic status, disability, sexuality or age;
- do not identify matters that are currently the subject of legal proceedings or would break a court’s non-publication order; and
- do not make comments that are irrelevant to the topic being discussed.
The Department reserves the right to enforce this Acceptable Use Policy at its discretion. The Department may remove any tweets that it considers to be in breach of this policy or for any reason, in the Department’s absolute discretion. The Department may also block or delete you as a user if it considers that that you have breached this policy.
The Department is not responsible, liable for and does not endorse the privacy practices of Twitter, or any linked websites. Your use of Twitter and any linked websites is at your own risk.
The Department records all information posted to the Health Star Rating page and uses that information for the purpose of administering this page, for record keeping and for considering and/or addressing any comments made.
No attempt will be made to further identify individuals who engage or otherwise contribute to the Twitter page except where requested and authorised by law.
Please access the full privacy statement for further information.
Please note that as an Australian Government agency, the Department is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) under the Privacy Act 1988 with respect to the collection, use and disclosure of personal information.
If you have any queries, concerns or require further information relating to privacy and the Department please email frontofpack.
When using Twitter you are bound by the terms and conditions of use of the Twitter site. We encourage you to review the legal policies of Twitter for further information.
The Department accepts no responsibility whether express or implied for the accuracy, currency and completeness of any information posted on the Department’s Twitter page or its relevance and suitability for any purpose.
Views expressed on this page by anyone other than the Department are not the views of the Department and the Department disclaims all liability for any such views, comments, advertising or other non-Department content.
The Department does not endorse or control any advertising that may be displayed by Twitter on this page.
The Department reserves the right to remove comments at its sole discretion based on the Acceptable Use Policy.
This page is monitored during business hours (9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, AEST).
Acceptable Use Policy
The Department strives to review the content of the Twitter page on a regular basis. However, there may be times when offensive comments (that do not meet the Acceptable Use Policy) appear on the page before they can be removed.
The information on this page is current at the time of publication.